|“||Let her live. As much as she has been transformed into a demon, she has never let go of her humanity and has not attacked anyone. She is more human than many people I have met.||”|
— Tsukihiko Minamoto to Sanemi Shinazugawa.
Tsukihiko is a short young woman of a slender and pale complexion, who is almost always seen with a calm and relaxed yet gentle expression. She has short and kinda messy pink hair, covering her ears where she wears a pair of red earrings. Her bangs are divided in a v-like shape.
She wears the standard Demon Slayer uniform with tied blue leg-wraps and a pair of white zōri with black straps. Over this, Tsukihiko wears a light lavender degrading to dark purple haori. In her free times, or while visiting the Minamoto family house, she's seen wearing a purple kimono (in some cases, a yukata) with petals prints and her family mon.
After the battle with Muzan Kibutsuji, she let her hair grow and began to tie it into two small low ponytails at the sides. Also, she returned to wear her Tsuguko haori: a dark blue haori with white cherry blossom patterns with two family mon.
Tsukihiko always has a tranquil expression on her face since she has a quite reserved personality despite, when younger she was a talkative and loud child. Her calm nature is shown whenever she takes decisions or when speaking. Tsukihiko is shown to have a great patience as demonstrated when the other Hashira wanted to get rid of the Kamado siblings. This also implies that she doesn't completely despise Demons as some other Hashira do; she says that the Demons are as humans as her, so they can have second opportunities.
Due being the first female Tsukihiko in her family, she is somewhat confident of herself, wanting to carry Minamoto's legacy to make her relatives proud and show that despite being a girl, she can be the same or better than the previous Tsukihiko.
It is well known that she, despite showing herself as someone stoic and quite serious, has a childish and jovial side quite hidden from the vast majority of people but known by those people she considers close, such as some Hashira or members of the Demon Slayer Corps.
Along with her joviality, Tsukihiko started showing a kind and overprotective side, as if she were a mother taking care of her children, just as she was in the Final Selection, where she was about to sacrifice her life on more than one occasion just to save the other participants even taking into account that if she died, her whole family would be disappointed.
Abilities and Powers
Overall Abilities: .
- Night Vision: She is known to possess quite sharp vision at night; skill she got due to constantly training under the moonlight.
- Enhanced Strength: Tsukihiko has shown to possess great physical strength, enough to fight without his Nichirin against former Lower Rank Five, Kazuko and her Blood Demon Art vines.
- Demon Slayer Mark: During his battle against Upper Rank 3, Akaza, Tsukihiko managed to awaken completely her mark, which was shaped like a crescent moon with a small circle between both ends, pointing upwards. The mark increased her abilities such as strength, endurance and speed, enough to restraint to the Upper Rank on the ground.
- Expert Swordsman: Tsukihiko was trained to be a Demon Slayer and the next Hashira, following the "15 year" family tradition. Her skills and natural talent led her to become the first female slayer in her family and also the Tsuguko of the Moon Hashira. Her swordsmanship is constantly referred to as the best among the Demon Slayers from her family.
- First Form: Dance of the Moon Lotus (
壱ノ 型 月蓮の 舞Ichi no kata: Getsuren no Mai?) - A straight horizontal slash made in a whirl-like form. It's useful for slaying a lot of weak demons at once.
- Second Form: Pearl Flower Moongazing (
弐ノ 型 珠 華の 弄 月Ni no kata: Shuka no Rōgetsu?) - Tsukihiko performs several slashes while sending a barrage of chaotic blades forward.
- Third Form: The Sin of the Sun (
参ノ 型 太陽の 罪San no kata: Taiyō no Tsumi?) - A barrier-like is created and a stab is given to the center of it, which it multiplies by five. It is similar to the Water Breathing, Seventh Form: Drop Ripple Thrust.
- Fourth Form: Lunar Glow (
肆ノ 型 月 輝き Shi no kata: Tsuki Kagayaki?) - Tsukihiko raises the blade of her Nichirin and points the shinogi-ji against the moonlight. This makes the blade to glow as if it was a candle and makes it hot to the touch.
- Fifth Form: Edge of the Darkness (
伍ノ 型 闇の 端Go no kata: Yami no Hashi?) - Tsukihiko rotates on her own axis by moving her sword in a circular form, dealing area damage beyond where the sword passed by, working like a defensive technique having a wide range.
- Sixth Form: Tsukuyomi (
陸ノ 型 月 読Roku no kata: Tsukuyomi?) - Tsukihiko .
- Seventh Form: Minazuki (
漆ノ 型 水無 月Shichi no kata: Minadzuki?) - Tsukihiko .
- Tsukihiko's name contains the kanji for "moon" (
月tsuki?), "princess" ( 妃hi?) and "solitary" ( 孤ko?). It's another way to write the name "Tsukihiko" (月彦)
- Her name is supposed to be a male name, being its female form "Tsukiko".
- Also, the name shoul be read as Minamoto-no-Tsukihiko, however, as she does not possess any noble title, the "no" is omitted.
- Tsukihiko enjoys teriyaki meals. She mentions that those meals make her feel like home, that's also why she tends to cook teriyaki frecuently.
- After the battle against Muzan, she lost her earrings. Time later, Giyu gives her new ones.
- "We do not kill demons because they are demons, but because they kill the innocent ones."
- (To Kazuko) "I'm sorry, but I hope that you can finally be free and rest."